With reference to the code of conduct of responsible fisheries by FAO in 1990’s, many certification schemes been developed. Each scheme addresses various issues with different approach.
10:40 Samuel Dignan, Global Trust Certification / SAI Global
– Regional Fishery Certification Models – Icelandic Responsible Fisheries Management Certification
10:50 Kristján Þórarinsson, Fisheries Iceland
– Certification of sustainable fisheries
11:00 Gísli Gíslason, MSC
– Driving improvements! Volunteer market based program incentivise improvements in the global fisheries
11:15 Valeska Weyman, GLOBALG.A.P.
– Caring for consumers – Responsible sourcing at all stages of production through GLOBALG.A.P. aquaculture certification
11:25 Herman Wisse, GSSI
– Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), a non-competitive approach to building confidence in certified seafood
11:35 Round table discussion
Other Sessions on Monday
SHARE THIS EVENT
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
113 Reykjavik, Iceland